Little Red Dog Games
Based in Potsdam, NY
1 May, 2019
PC / Linux
Precipice is a minimalist one or two-player game that takes inspiration from Chris Crawford's 1985 classic Balance of Power, and other Cold War themed games including Twilight Struggle. What makes this game really stand out is how clandestine activities can potentially be discovered and challenged by your rival, leading to some tense standoffs where either party can escalate the consequences of backing down. If things get too volatile, a player can send both nations hurtling towards nuclear war, resulting in a loss for both parties (and the planet). Players, therefore, must engage in careful quid-pro-quo diplomacy, clandestine behavior, misdirection and, at times, bluster and saber-rattling to accomplish their objectives.
This game started as an experiment just after we launched Deep Sixed last year, serving mostly as a proof-of-concept for future larger multiplayer projects in the Godot Engine, which we absolutely love. It has instead grown into our best game yet, and something we're really excited to share with you all.
- Challenge a friend to see who can better impose their will upon an unsuspecting world, or face a highly-responsive, unpredictable AI that will attempt to understand your strategy and counter it at every turn.
- World leaders from 74 countries realized as animals native to the region, all pawns in the dangerous game of nuclear brinkmanship.
- Manage resources from territories under your control to resolve immediate crises or win over future allies.
- Put a bear on the moon. Assassinate a raccoon. The possibilities are endless.
- Simple, intuitive gameplay that is also difficult to master.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Precipice Discord Channel
About Little Red Dog Games
We're an indie game studio based in Upstate New York that specializes in developing charming strategy games that bring innovation to a crowded marketplace. Rather than walk a familiar road, we only develop games where we can comfortably say "nobody has seen anything like this before".
More information on Little Red Dog Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Project Director, Programmer
Creative Director, Digital Artist